Young Philanthropist Grant Program
About the Program
In an effort to encourage the next generation of women philanthropists, in 2018 Impact Las Vegas will be providing two Membership scholarship grants for young women to experience the power of collective giving. This program specifically targets women who have an interest in philanthropy and in joining Impact Las Vegas but who might initially struggle to fund a new Membership on their own.
This program grants a Membership donation scholarship over a four-year period, requiring the scholarship recipient to pay a portion of the Membership donation each year and to pay the full amount of the Membership donation in the fourth year of the grant. This sliding scale of dues invites the young philanthropist to budget over time and embed the philosophy of giving into their lives.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a woman at least 21 years of age and under 36 years of age as of June 30, 2018
- Express an interest in philanthropy
- Commit to a four-year Membership cycle, agreeing to renew her Membership each of the following three years
- Be willing to contribute monies on a sliding scale towards her Membership in each of the four years. The contribution requirement is as follows:
- Year 1 - $350
- Year 2 - $500
- Year 3 - $650
- Year 4 – Young Philanthropist pays full Membership donation of $1,000
- Participate in at least one committee of her choice each of the four years (i.e. Membership, PR, Grant Review, etc.)
- Attend as many Impact Las Vegas events as possible to more deeply understand the Impact model, including, but not limited to, the Members Update Brunch (March), Annual Meeting (June), Nonprofit Grant Information Meeting (October) and Celebrate Our Impact! event (November).
- Share what you learn with friends, colleagues, neighbors, and family members who may be interested in Impact Las Vegas. Invite them to attend Membership Information Socials and Impact Las Vegas events, and refer them to our web site for more information
- Host at least one Membership Social, inviting friends and colleagues to attend, during the first three years of the Scholarship Grant
- Complete a yearly survey about your experience
- Be willing to serve as Membership Ambassadors for the organizations in media and with outside organizations as needed and as your schedule permits
- Become part of the women’s collective giving movement in Southern Nevada
- Enjoy full Membership benefits, including the opportunity to learn about the grant-making process and to cast a vote for grantee recipients.
- Learn about the work being done by Southern Nevadan nonprofits and the issues they face
- Network with a diverse group of women committed to philanthropy and community service
The Impact Las Vegas Young Philanthropist Scholarship program is funded by a grant from the Impact 100 Global Council through the support of Carrie Morgridge and the Morgridge Family Foundation.
With these scholarship grants we hope to inspire the next generation of women to become involved in collective giving grant-making, see the transformational impact this form of philanthropy can have on a community, and experience first-hand the power of Women Connecting, Giving As One as Members of Impact Las Vegas.
Apply now for one of our two Membership scholarship grants for young women to experience the power of collective giving. This program specifically targets women who have an interest in philanthropy and in joining us but who might initially struggle to fund a new Membership on their own.
Send the completed form via email to email@example.com The Deadline to apply is Thursday, May 31, 2018.